Annual Subscription Fees (per calendar year)
- Ordinary Member resident in Singapore: S$60
- Spouse of a Member resident in Singapore: S$35
- Ordinary Member non-resident in Singapore: S$30
- Spouse of a Member non-resident in Singapore: S$20
- Corporate Member (Singapore incorporated organisation): S$100
- Corporate Member (Not Singapore incorporated): S$80
Payment of Subscription Fees
- The annual subscription is payable in advance on the first day of January each year.
- A member joining during the months of January to September will pay the monthly prorated subscription fee for the remainder of the first year. (For example, a Singapore member joining in August will pay for the five remaining months, i.e. S$25). Subsequent payments will be due on the first day of January each year.
- A member joining during the months of October to December will pay the monthly prorated subscription fee for the remainder of the first year, plus the annual subscription for the second year. (Thus a Singapore member joining in October, November or December will pay S$75, S$70 or S$65 respectively). Subsequent payments will be due on the first day of January each year.
Corporate Member Representatives
Each Corporate Member is entitled to nominate two representatives to attend OSSEA events such as the Monthly Meeting. Their names must be registered with OSSEA and any change to the nominees must be notified to the OSSEA Administrator. Each Corporate Member is entitled to only one vote at the AGM.
Airmail Despatches of Publications
If you would like the free OSSEA publications, the Malayan Orchid Review and the Bulletin, to be despatched to you by airmail, please select the membership type options with ‘With airmail despatch fee’ appended to it. Do note that airmail despatch surcharges are only applicable for members residing outside Singapore, Malaysia & Brunei. As such, please do not select the options that contain ‘With airmail despatch fee’ if you are residing in Singapore, Malaysia or Brunei.
The airmail despatch fees are as follows:
- All Asian countries except Japan: S$20 yearly.
- Australia, New Zealand & Japan: S$25 yearly.
- The rest of the world: S$30 yearly.
Go to the Membership Benefits page in the ABOUT section to read all the benefits of membership in OSSEA, by clicking here: Membership Benefits.
How to Join
You may join OSSEA by:
- Filling up an application form at our Monthly Meeting, which is usually at 2 pm on the first Sunday of each month at the Function Hall, Botany Centre, Singapore Botanic Gardens. Please visit our Facebook (click on the Facebook icon on the top right of this page) for an announcement of a forthcoming meeting.
- Contacting our OSSEA Administrator (Tel: +65 63529220 (morning) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to request for an application form.
- Signing up online by clicking here: Sign Up.
How to Renew Membership
You may renew membership by:
- Making the payment at our Monthly Meeting.
- Mailing your cheque made payable to The Orchid Society of South East Asia to Robinson Road PO Box 2363, Singapore 904363.
- Making the payment online via Paypal by clicking here: Renew