What do you give to a person who has everything? An orchid that bears his – or her – name of course! Whether it is to celebrate that special wedding anniversary, or the birthday of your boss, or to commemorate a memorable event, there will be an orchid just for the occasion. Our experienced growers have produced a limited number of excellent hybrids that are available for naming, and all you have to do is give us a name and OSSEA will do the rest of the paperwork for you.
The steps are as follows:
- Select from a shortlist of hybrids shown either in photos or you might prefer to see them in real life, in a farm.
- OSSEA will register the name, together with the parents, with Royal Horticultural Society in UK – the only world authority for orchid registration.
- Upon successful registration, you will receive a formal ‘birth certificate’, together with a folder containing an enlarged photo and notes on parentage lineage, the care of the plant, or the care of orchids in general.
- If you wish to own a few plants, arrangements can be made with the grower to supply them to you.
- Your named hybrid will be published in full colour under the chapter on ‘New Hybrids’ in the latest issue of the Malayan Orchid Review.
- With luck your plant may one day be submitted for show judging, and stand a chance to win a prize, or even an award, which would be a rare privilege.